1. Follow regular deworming and vaccinations, do not wait for diseases to come. Local breed goats are best for the local market and exotic good for breeding markets.
2. Start farming with a veterinarian.
3. Semi-intensive farming is the best method for goat farming. Start farming with local breeds and create your market channel for milk and meat instead of upgrading your breeds on the farm
4. Regular hygiene and good management practices are essential for maximum productivity. Work on existing goat farms for 15 days to a month before starting your goat farming unit
5. Visit the nearest local market and take care of the demand, supply, and market for goats. Climate management is essential for better performance. Isolation and immediate treatment are essential to control the disease
6. Cultivation of fodder and fodder plants is the key to success in goat farming.
TIPS FOR RAISING GOATS AND MAXIMIZING PROFITS
- Read about how to raise goats and do proper research and planning
- Maintain good and strong health of your goats. Choose the right and high-yielding breed of goat for your business.
- Learn more information about goat farming from expert producers or the nearest livestock training center
- Goats like to live in groups. So, make sure they have a large area so they can move around freely. All the equipment required for goat farms should be available
- Ensure good breeding practices to produce better milk, meat and keep goats free from diseases. Give them plenty of clean water, food, and fresh grass according to their daily needs. Never feed goats contaminated food or contaminated water. Take more care of pregnant doe, breeding buck, and kids.
- Feed the buck extra nutrients during the mating season. See a veterinarian regularly (if possible) to improve your goats health. Give them salt and mineral water in the dry season.