Tattooing is a way of identifying goats. Tattooing equipment: includes tattoo pliers, tattoo characters (letters and numbers) for the pliers and tattoo ink. These can be ordered and purchased through the local farmer co-operative./vet shops
Method of tattooing:
- Clean the inside of the ear (the ears have dirt and oil on it that will prevent the ink from filling the holes made by the tattoo pliers)
- Apply the tattoo ink on the area to be tattooed
- Ensure that the sequence of the tattooing characters is correct according to the certificate of registration
- Press the tattooing pliers until holes appear on the skin and then release
- Rub the ink into the holes
- The excess ink can be cleaned. The characters should be easily readable as black dotes in the ear.