There are many advantages of goat farming business. You can also raise goats along with your other livestock animals. Goats have been considered as poor man’s cow (mini cow) for the poor people because of its immense contribution in rural economy and national income.
Goat products like milk and meat is not only nutritious and easily digestible food but also a great source of regular income for the poor, landless and marginal farmers.
As goats are small sized animals, so they are easily maintained. Even they are easily maintained and cared by women and children. For successful goat farming business, you need to do some common tasks such as feeding, milking and caring.
These simple tasks do not require much equipment, capital, labor or hard work. The main advantages of starting goat farming business are described below.
- Commercial goat farming is a very old business, and many people are already doing this business for making profits.
- Starting a goat farming business requires low initial investment or capital.
- Goats don’t require huge area for housing because their body size is comparatively smaller than other livestock animals.
- Usually goats are very friendly in nature and very lovable.
- Goats are good breeders and they reach sexual maturity within their 7-12 months of age and give birth of kids within a short time. And some goat breed produce numerous kids per kidding.
- Risks are less for goat farming (even in drought prone areas) than any other livestock farming business.
- Both male and female goats have almost high value/price in the market.
- No religious taboo against goat farming and meat consumption.
- Goat meat and milk are cholesterol free and easily digestible.
- Goat milk is used for making various types of foods and it’s very easy to digest than milk of cows.
- Commercial goat farming business has created a potential way of employment for unemployed people.
- Goats are multi-purpose animal. They can produce milk, meat, skin, fiber and manure at the same time.
- There is no need of a high end housing system for goats. Even they can easily share their living place with their owners or his/her other livestock animals.
- Goats are very suitable for mixed farming with other domestic animals.
- Diseases are less in goats than other domestic animals.
- Goats are easily available, comparatively cheaper in price, easy to maintain and always have a friendly disposition.
- They are capable of adopting themselves with almost all types of agro climatic environments or conditions. They can tolerate high and low temperature throughout the world and live happily. They also can tolerate hot climate more than other animals.
- According to the investment per unit they produce more than other domestic animals. And the ROI (return of investment) ratio is very good.
- Goats are generally smaller in size but reach slaughter age faster.
- Goats are called the “foster mother of human”. Because their milk is considered as the best milk for human consumption than any other species of livestock animal’s milk. And their milk is low cost, nutritious, wholesome and easily digestible. All aged people from child to old one can easily digest goat’s milk. Goat milk also has lesser allergic problems. And used as an Ayurveda medicine for the people who are ailing with diabetes, asthma, cough etc.
- Goat milk is suitable for preparing various types of milk products. And goat meat has a huge demand and high price in the local and international markets. Even you can consider exporting your products to the foreign countries for more profits.
- Goats can be milked as often as required. This also prevent refrigeration costs and milk storage problems.
- You can use the goat’s manure as a high quality natural fertilizer in crop field. This will directly help to maximize crop production.
- As goat farming business is very profitable, so many govt. and non govt. banks are providing loans for starting this business.
- This business require less labor and you can easily use your family labor for raising goats.
- Commercial goat farming business is a great source of employment and income. So unemployed educated people can easily create a great employment and income source through raising goats commercially.
- Along with the above advantages, there are also many other advantages of raising goats commercially.